- This event has passed.
Run for the Red, White & Blue Virtual Race
May 23, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 25, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
The 7th Annual Run for the Red, White & Blue 5K/1K is now a virtual event!
The Run for the Red, White & Blue 5K/1K is held each Memorial Day weekend to support the Chennault Aviation & Military Museum and honor our active services members and veterans. This year our priority is the health and safety of you, your family, and our community. The State of Louisiana has ordered no gatherings of more than 10 people through April 30, 2020, and we anticipate a revised order will be extended through May. As you know, more than 500 runners/walkers/volunteers participate each year and we want to make a responsible decision regarding the 2020 event. Therefore, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are reinventing the race into a VIRTUAL event this year.
I know you have questions.
So, what is a virtual race?
- A virtual race is a race that can be run or walked from any safe location you choose. You can participate in your neighborhood, a park, a trail, your treadmill . . . anywhere. You get to run your own race, at your own pace. Join with your family (small family) and enjoy running/walking together. Get outside in the sunshine and enjoy the experience.
Will the 5K/1K be timed with awards?
- This event will not be timed, and unfortunately there will not be medals/trophies. However, everyone who registers will receive a 2020 Run for the Red, White & Blue 5K/1K t-shirt. Our reward will be spending time during the Memorial Day weekend honoring our active service members and veterans and remembering those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
How can I get involved?
- Register for the 5K/1K at www.runsignup.com/Chennault.
- Dress up in your best red, white & blue.
- Run/walk your 5K/1K at any point during the Memorial Day weekend, May 23 – 25, 2020.
- We want to see how you virtually Run (or walk) for the Red, White & Blue. Take a photo or video of you and your family participating in the event and post on social media. Share your reason for participating, who you are honoring/remembering this Memorial Day, or a message of support for our military men and women. Use the hashtags: #runfortheredwhiteblue; #ChennaultMuseum; #stilltherun.
- Instagram – @runfortheredwhiteblue; @chennault_museum
- Facebook – Chennault Museum; Run for the Red, White & Blue Virtual 5K/1K
- Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of the Chennault Aviation & Military Museum. Since this is an essential fundraiser for the Museum and the active service members/veterans it serves, we hope you will still consider this as an option.
And don’t worry, we will be back bigger and better than ever in 2021!